Sunday, January 29, 2017

Mikey Likes It: Royal Rumble Rapid Reax

My anger and "is this really f@#$@#$ happening?!" feeling at Reigns eliminating The Undertaker turned into relief with Orton winning it all. Surprising choice, but an inspired one. Orton hasn't had a big shot in awhile.

I was correct on predicting Bayley vs. Charlotte, Cena vs. AJ and Swann vs. Neville. I was not correct on KO vs. Reigns, but I couldn't be happier about that.

Interesting set ups with Reigns. He could feud BOTH with Strowman and with Undertaker going forward. Sounds like that rumored match between Reigns and Undertaker at Wrestlemania may indeed be the way they go. Which...is a swell idea, except that goddammit, Reigns still needs to be a heel. I don't know how long his presence can be the equivalent of a wet fart in the elevator until someone in Creative decides to make a change. How much fun can it be for Roman to always be the guy who's supposed to be cheered and yet is booed?

Pretty solid show all around. I thought all the matches delivered. AJ and Cena should just feud forever. Their matches never get old to watch, and the electricity in the crowd just shoots up several notches when they're in the ring together. Even from home I get goosebumps listening to it.

Good Rumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment