Sunday, January 15, 2017

Mikey Likes It, 1-15-17



Alright, so now that I'm finally caught up with NXT, here are a couple quick hits for it:



*** I've liked Elias Sampson since he debuted. His theme song instantly won me over. I looked for it on iTunes before they were even selling it. Once they finally put it on sale, I bought it in time to rock out in the car with wifey all the way to Wrestlemania.

It figures then that Samson (having returned from injury) is getting mercilessly booed by the audience. But it seems like that's the plan; he's being positioned as an annoying heel.

I like the guy regardless.



*** The Authors of Pain are an absolute clinic on how to build up a tag team. Unreal that these guys apparently had no wrestling experience prior to NXT. They feel credible thanks to Paul Ellering leading them; they look like they've been doing this for years.

I will be really mad if TPTB manage to ruin the Authors once they hit the main roster. It's happened too many other times not to be concerned about it.



*** I've been wondering what the plan is for Nikki Cross. Obviously the girls don't wrestle the guys, so her always hanging out with the other three members of SAnitY gave me pause.

Fear not it seems. She is being positioned as a contender against Atsuka; perhaps even the #1 contender, depending on how the "ALL OF THEM!!!" match Atsuka asked for at Takeover shakes out.

Probably too soon for Atsuka to drop the belt, but I won't be surprised if Takeover sets up Nikki as her #1 nemesis.



*** I'm guessing Samoa Joe debuts on the main roster in the Rumble as a surprise entrant. Seems like the logical next step for him.



*** Of course I can't wait or Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. Roode is another guy on "don't ruin him once he hits Raw or Smackdown" watch.

Sucks that that's always my default train of thought now with a roster promotion. But just too many guys have been cast aside once they got to the bigs for no good reason.

Gotta be a better way, especially with the Cruisers getting so much time to get over.

No comments:

Post a Comment