Sunday, November 27, 2016

An Introduction to the World of Trapper Josh



I am so excited and proud to have this man be part of our team.

Josh Rosenfield exhibits the very passion, dedication, and energy this blog is intended to promote and start a dialogue about.

In his debut piece,  Josh lends insight into his love for Professional Wrestling and what you can expect from his contributions going forward!



Hello and welcome fellow wrestling fans.

My name is Josh, and I have been a wrestling fan for the past thirty years. My first memory of wrestling is flipping through the channels and happening on Ultimate Warrior battling Rick Rude on a Saturday afternoon. My first live event was WCW/NWA Clash of the Champions in 1990 when they were at Brennan Byrne Arena in East Rutherford, NJ. Ric Flair battled Sting in a cage for the title.
    Up front, this column is going to be :
1) a part time column
2) more of a fan observation and commentary.
This is NOT going to an “arm-chair-quarterback”/”Smart” column”. I got into wrestling because of the colorful characters, and the good stories depicting the hero overcoming the evil antagonist and his cheating ways. As I got older, I grew more into the evolving athletic matches, as well as the growing understanding of the business side of wrestling and the pure business it truly is.
    These days, I love business side of it more and more, and the growing entertainment side that comes with it (most of the time).
I love how throughout the two to three hour format there is something for every one of all ages. With the demise of the old territory days, grew the now Independent promotions, NXT, and the larger awareness of other promotions from around the world (i.e. AAA, NJPW), and the rising stars that have come to light.
    This was just a small introduction of who I am, and where I am coming from when you read these articles.
In closing, I will mostly be giving my fan perspective on the product today: Mostly WWE, NXT and the little I get for ROH, as well as the ever growing fate of TNA.
Again, this will be mostly a fan perspective. I will not be delving into how I think things were “booked”, or any opinion on how I feel the wrestlers are being handled on a creative basis. I truly love getting lost in a good story, good characters, and the action they bring to the ring. Finn Balor, Charlotte, Samoa Joe, Nakamura, Rollins, all have caught my eye. I hope as you read these articles, you’ll enjoy the show as much as I do.
Sincerely,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment